Monday, June 1, 2009

Sophia's Big Show

Oh my goodness, I can not believe how much fun I had today watching Sophia's big show at The Little Gym. We have been going there for a year and a half now, but this was her first dance class and her first solo class (no mama). It has been a hard transition and each week could be either great or horrible. At home, she always talked about it and ALWAYS wanted to wear her leotard. However, sometimes we got there and she didn't want to do anything. Today started that way too with her just sitting on the floor and not doing the practice run. Then the audience came in and man, she thought she was a star.

It was great and I was very impressed with how well they did. I have never seen them do the whole routine. I was also impressed that all the other parents got their girls to wear things in their hair!! She wouldn't even consider a ponytail let alone something on top of that! I felt somewhat bad that I didn't buy Sophia's outfit from TLG like the other parents, but $35 seemed a lot when I was not sure that we would make it to the end of the semester. I ended up buying her a red leotard and making the tutu just a week ago when I was sure that she would participate. She chose red out of the choices of red, yellow, and purple but as you can see purple was the overwhelming favorite.

They did a tap and ballet dance and then went into the gym to do a floor and balance beam routine. By the time they got to the balance beam they were all a bit wild. I think it was about as much as 3 and 4 year olds can handle. Today almost made me feel bad about not signing her up for next semester, but after this one and 3 days of school instead of 2 I just don't know if I could handle it. I hope that she will actually ask about it when school starts and then I will feel like it is worth the money and hassle. Until then...

BRAVO girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment