Monday, May 18, 2009

A craft for my cutie



So I actually took up sewing to be able to do little things like the bean bags above.
I never thought that I would be able to make clothes especially for myself since I seem to zone in to the mistakes. I could just see myself sitting in a restaurant staring at my hem thinking it looks crooked. That would be such a waste of a time.
I did think, at the beginning of this obsession, that I could and would like to make little things for my kids and their friends. The bean bags were one of my first ideas and the beans have been sitting in the cupboard for months now. They are an end-of-the-year gift for Sophia's class and since the last day of school is TOMORROW I got them done (with Eric's help-He cut out all the letters) today.

Deadlines are sometimes necessary!


The letters are out of different fabrics that I bought for the memory games. I used a small, closely spaced zig-zag to stitch them on. I messed up on a couple, but really, it was not too bad for my first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment